Danny Ayers
Department Head,
Water/Waste water supervisor

Phone 842-0931


The city of Winner Sewer Department is responsible for the collection, transmission, and treatment of waste water, generated by residential, commercial, and industrial discharges, to Dog Ear Creek according to the conditions of the city's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination system permit.

The sewer department is responsible for the operation,  maintenance, and inspection of 18.9 miles of sanitary sewer pipe, 300 manholes, 2 lift stations, and a 3 cell wastewater treatment lagoon.  This includes high pressure cleaning, root cutting, and chemical treatment of lines, inspection of manholes, operation and maintenance of the 2 lift stations, and operation and maintenance of the 3 cell lagoon.

The city's lagoon has a maximum design capacity of 96,354,000 gallons and provides primary, secondary, and Tertiary treatment of wastewater.

If you are planning on doing any digging on your property please call the city of winner utilities and will locate water and sewer lines at no charge. Call at 842-2606 to set up an appointment.

Wastewater Problems

If you are having a problem with your sewer system or have a sewer smell in you home or business please call at 842-2606, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm or 842-3324 after hours. We will be happy to check out the problem and let you know what needs to be done.

Free sewer maintenance kit

Citizens of Winner can pick up a free acid and root killer at the department's maintenance shop. Located at 309 N Main street.


Danny Ayers

Department Head

Mark Leibrich

Water Technician



If you have an additional question please contact the Department at (605) 842-0931.

Why is there a sewer smell in my home?
The Water has evaporated from a water trap. Most likely it will be a trap that is little used.

My sewer is backing up. Is my line plugged or is the city main plugged.
Call 842-0931 Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM or 842-3324 after working hours and city personnel will check out the problem and let you know what needs to be done.

Who is responsible for a sewer backup?
The city is responsible for blockage in the city main. The property owner is responsible for the line from the building to the city main.

For other questions you may have please contact the Sewer Department at (605) 842-0931.

Tout Advertising